My name is Jen. I have a contagiously funny husband, three awesomely gorgeous daughters, a knack for design, a love for writing, an obsession with kids fashion, a secret desire to be a photographer and a curfew of 10 pm. WHO'S WITH ME?
OTHER PLACES I HANG OUT
Sign up for email notifications
Radio Flyer Groove Glider Review and GIVEAWAY!
My girls have always loved going to friends’ houses whose children have some sort of scooter. I get the question after EVERY visit: “Mom, why don’t we have a scooter?”
Usually my year-round reply is, “Maybe Santa is watching,” but what I really want to say is, “Because at the last party, you tried to ride off on one with a live chicken under your arms.”
Actually, I’ve been holding out for the coolest scooter around. If I’m going to get one for my girls, I want it to be something they’ll play with for longer than the time it takes to throw away that last painting book they completed in 62 seconds.
When the package arrived showing the Radio Flyer Groove Glider, my UPS man immediately warned me that the picture was on the box and I should “go hide it before the kids saw it.” I assured him that the girls were actually supposed to see it, and try it out, and he said, “Oh, cool. That looks like a good one.” With Radio Flyer’s name on it, I had to assume the same.
New from Radio Flyer, the Groove Glider™ music scooter lets girls plug their MP3 player into a protective speaker case on the scooter’s handle bars, projecting tunes through a built-in speaker, so they can rock while they roll.
We loved this music feature of the scooter. My girls could jam out to their KidzBop while bopping their heads and groovin’ their roll around the garage, kitchen, school yard and driveway. NO HEADPHONES NECESSARY.
Other features of the Groove Glider that we loved:
- It’s fast. And smooth. The wheels aren’t clunky and it doesn’t take the effort of a hurricane to get it moving. With a simple push off the ground, it glides effortlessly. This might be my favorite feature of all.
- There is a back wheel brake. Super simple to use, you just use your foot to press down on the back wheel cover and it acts as a brake.
- It takes tight corners and turns. My husband was especially excited about this because he equates everything in life to a performance on a test track, so he was super impressed at the girls’ abilities to take turns around the kitchen island in a snap and with little effort. And, yes, we let them ride it in the kitchen, because we had a rain spell that lasted for approximately FOREVER and what kind of mother would I be if I didn’t let my kids have some fun inside on a rainy day? Also, what kind of mother would I be if I didn’t use that to my advantage by loading them up with items that needed to be brought back to their bedrooms and sending them off on the scooter to “make a delivery.”
- The color and design. It’s pink. And grey. And looks super pretty. This is especially important to my 5 year-old, who will no longer wear pajamas to bed that are of any other color, for fear that the dream fairies will see her in yellow or green and think she’s an alien. Pink goes a long way in this house.
- My 3 year-old can ride it. It’s so easy to ride, with a solid steel frame and wide stepping deck, and it teaches great balance at the same time. Plus, she wears crazy glitter boots and other getups when doing so and I always enjoy watching her. (The package says ages 5+, but we’ll just say that my child is past her years. Anyone who knows how well she can scale a refrigerator will agree.)
The Radio Flyer Groove Glider is one of our favorite new items around here, and it gets used every day and brought everywhere we go. I will most definitely be buying a second one for the holidays, so that each of my two older girls have their own.
Groove Glider is available at Toys ‘R Us, Target and select Wal-Mart stores nationwide and retails for $59.99.
AND, we’re giving one away to a lucky reader!!!
To enter, use the Rafflecopter below! The more you do, the more chances you have to win. The giveaway will run until Friday, October 26th, at 11:59 pm!
But first, here’s a little video I made of the girls taking a quick spin around the kitchen.
** I was compensated a Groove Glider scooter for review, but all opinions are my own.